- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PZCAT0
New to snowmobiling or simply want to see what the mountain snowmobiling experience is all about?
This is an introduction to mountain snowmobiling in the Purcell Mountain and Rocky Mountain ranges on brand new snowmobiles.
We primarily head west to Quartz Creek for this tour, but can mix it up especially if you are looking for a multi day adventure.
The terrain is very beginner friendly with little avalanche exposure,
however if you are looking for something to test your skills Quartz
Creek will provide!
This is a great opportunity to take advantage of our highly skilled
guides to provide riding pointers, techniques, and tricks that can help
save time and energy. Oh and maybe help get you unstuck a few times!
Must at least have prior snowmobiling experience through to expert looking for the most technical tree riding!!
- Meet at GSR shop at 9:00 MST to sign waivers and fill out required paper work.
- Get fitted for riding gear if needed (jacket, pants, helmet, goggles, gloves, boots etc.)
- Sign out avalanche equipment (beacon, probe, shovel, backpack (or airbag if interested)
- Drive personal vehicles to predetermine trail head.
- Pre-ride speeches, safety protocols, weather analysis, avalanche forecast
- Trail ride to desired riding location.
- Guide will designate specific riding areas and set you free!
- As the guide’s confidence grows in your ability and awareness, the options for exploration expand!!
- Depending on weather most days we leave the riding area by 3:30 and head back to the parking lots by 4:00pm.
- Guests can either return their riding gear to the guide in the parking lot, or bring it back to the GSR shop to get changed.